- About Us
- Economic Development
- News Room
- Programs and Events
DUTIES OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director’s duties may include but are not limited to the following categories:
General Management and Administration of the IUSBN
- Uphold the mission statement, values and vision of the IUSBN
- Regularly communicate with the President, Executive Committee, and Board of Directors
- Prepare professional reports for each IUSBN Committee and the IUSBN Board
- Organize and conduct committee and Board meetings
- Supervise daily tasks, and professionally develop staff members, interns etc.
- Maintain and update office computer equipment, website and software
- Organize and maintain archives of IUSBN documents (meeting agenda, minutes, event announcements, written communication of importance, registration etc.)
- Maintain IUSBN member databases, IUSBN distribution list etc.
- Cultivate and nurture a base of volunteers to assist at large programs
- Proactively work to gain an extensive knowledge of Indian businesses in the US including key executives and how companies are inter-related
- Maintain and foster productive collaborations with IUSBN partner organizations.
- Work with Treasurer to ensure timely processing of all revenue and expenses
- Negotiate all lease and other financial agreements in the best interest of the IUSBN
- Generate income for IUSBN by selling advertising opportunities to members and potential sponsors (website, directory, etc.)
Programs and Events
- Utilize IUSBN programs as a networking tool for IUSBN – take the opportunity to “plant seeds” for future programs & sponsorships with attending members
- Initiate and lead program activities from inception to completion
- Initiate and implement membership recruitment and retention strategies for companies in India and the USA
Marketing and Networking
- Enhance the visibility of the IUSBN and build collaborative relationships with other organizations
- Represent the IUSBN at relevant functions – network outside of IUSBN
- Oversee publication and distribution of all IUSBN written materials
QUALIFICATIONS OF THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
The Executive Director should demonstrate the following credentials and capabilities.
Bachelor’s degree minimum. Post-graduate degree in allied field e.g. business, management, marketing etc. a plus.
- High level of integrity, ethics, maturity, diplomacy and professionalism
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active mind-set, enjoys working in a growth-stage environment
- Ability to perform a wide variety of functions, and learn new skills quickly
- Ability to work effectively with diverse professionals and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strategic thinker with a practical sense of reality in complex organizations
- Ability to develop trust-based relationships
Language & Cultural understanding
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Excellent understanding of American culture, business practices and etiquette
- Excellent understanding of Indian culture, business practices and etiquette
- Excellent public relations and networking skills.
- Experience working or volunteering with non-profit organizations a plus
Flexible work hours; ability to work nights and weekends if necessary
Computer competency: Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Please email a cover letter describing why you would be perfect for the position, and CV to email@example.com